A person may be charged with contempt if they willfully do not follow court orders. When someone doesn’t follow the divorce or custody decree, the other party can initiate contempt against them in Court. The police will not assist in these matter, if called they will likely tell you that it is a civil matter and that you should contact your attorney.

In these instances, we can be retained to file your Application to initiate the contempt and represent you at the hearing. We are also available for representation to defend you from a contempt claim. If a person is found guilty of contempt, they can be punished in many ways, including paying the legal fees of the other party, jail time and more.


Leave a Reply